Wednesday 24 October 2007

Interview: Austi Scot

BRIESK - Veteran micronationalist Austi Scot has immigrated to Morovia and joined the Conservative Party. Scot's decision has raised some eyebrows, considering his prominent role in the 2002 TYSOG incident, which exposed his involvement in espionage activities in Morovia and resulted in his removal as Prime Executive of Tymaria.

In an exclusive interview with The Evening Standard, Scot said he would like to add more color to an already colorful micronational career. He said, "In Morovia, I would like to see how things develop given the set of people who are here. There are several of them who were involved in some of the very first micronations I joined and there is certain set of history between those people and myself. There are a couple of people with whom I was involved in a several different micronations later and still a few people are here with whom I have never played this hobby before."

On joining the ranks of the Conservatives and supporting David Oatney's leadership bid, Scot said, "
I want Morovia to be a lively and active micronation ... David Oatney is a well qualified Legislator. His ability and skills are of the highest caliber. David Oatney has the knowledge and experience that most micronationalist only wish they had. I can say that others here in Morovia have at least as much experience as Mr. Oatney, however they lack his knowledge, ability, skills and most of all they lack his wisdom in matters of micronations."

Regarding the TYSOG incident, Scot made no qualms about his involvement and accepted full responsibility.
"I was the person who authorized the operation. It was conceived in my cabinet as Prime Executive of Tymaria. I am the Executive who authorized the operation," he admitted. "I could comment on the TYSOG incident further, however I’m not so sure the micronationally community is even to this day yet ready to hear some of the still unknown aspects. I’m not so sure that the full details are in the best interest of anyone. There is every reason to not yet tell the full story."

Whether that answer satisfies Morovians is an open question, but Scot is not running for political office. He is interested in exploring the non-political aspects of Morovia, particularly the economy, the arts, and a revitalization of Victoria University. While he dismissed speculation that he might run in the present campaign, some observers expect him to play a role in government should the Conservatives win a majority in the Royal Assembly.